What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
Data Collected when an order is made and/or customer account/registration is created.
This data is stored locally on a PC, on a Microsoft Excel Spread sheet, and on Third Party Hosted Services
- First and Last Names
- Email Address
- Residential Address
- Mobile Phone Number
- Payment Method (specific card details are not stored by Alan Roberts Photography)
- Referral Source of Booking
Data Stored By Third Parties
Third parties store your customer information. Your privacy and rights to access this data is between you and those third parties:
- Mailchimp – Email Subscription for news and offers
- Worldplay – Payment records
- Stripe – Payment records
- PayPal – Payment records
- Squarespace – Website Hosting & customer/order records
- Google Analytics including re-marketing – Page Visits
- Social Media Likes, Shares and Follows – Instagram, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn. Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Pinterest, Flickr (your email and customer information is NOT shared with any Social Media Providers by Alan Roberts Photography)
Rights of Access
You are entitled to request access to your personal data. Please email your request to in**@al********************.com. Your data records will be emailed to you within 14 days of request.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that makes your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise, transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s Advertising Principles can sum up Google’s advertising requirements. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at in**@al********************.com
And we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
What are cookies:
What cookies are used on this Website:
The cookies we and our business partners use on this website are broadly grouped into the following categories:
Essential – Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this would be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on the website or which allows communication between your browser and the website. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our website without these cookies.
Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.
How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
Please note that we can’t always control third party cookies stored on your machine from our website and where this is the case you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to manage cookies stored on your machine by them. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below.
If you want to reject cookies we use from this website you will need to:
- delete the cookies from your browser. Most browsers also allow you to prevent all or some cookies being stored on your machine in the future. For more information on how to delete or disable cookies from your browser please use the “help” function within your browser or alternatively visit www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookie preference cookie the next time you visit this website the cookie message bar will appear again inviting you to again reconsider your preferences; and/or
- if you only want to reject some or all of the third party cookies you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to manage cookies stored on your machine by them. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below
Please be aware that disabling cookies may impact the functionality of this website.
Third party cookies:
Some of the cookies described in the “What Cookies are used on this Website” section above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our website. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
- Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ where you will be able to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Advertising cookies from some of the third parties listed below; and/or
|Type of cookies
|Adobe / Omniture
|Analytics Omniture provide anonymised data about the visits made to our website and allows us to test and evaluate the best ways to present our website to our users.
|Analytics Google provides anonymised data about the visits made to our website. Social Sharing Google also store cookies which allow the “Google +” social sharing functionality.
|Analytics AddThis provides anonymised data about how many users are sharing content on our website. Social Sharing AddThis store cookies which allow the social sharing functionality on social networks such as Facebook. Interest-Based Advertising Add This tools may also collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.
|Social Sharing Facebook store cookies which allow the Facebook “Like” social sharing functionality but only if you click on the Facebook “Like” button on our website or log in to hibu using your Facebook account.
|Social Sharing Twitter also store cookies which allow their social sharing functionality including the “Tweet” function and to generate usage information during your visit to our website.
|eBay / Doubleclick
|Interest-Based Advertising eBay may have cookies dropped on their behalf in order to collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.
|Interest-Based Advertising AOL cookies may also collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.
|Interest-Based Advertising iPromote cookies also collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.
If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium’s website.
We may update this policy from time to time so you may want to check it each time you visit our website. We last changed this policy in Mar 2019.